Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County is proud to be part of the NeighborhoodLIFT program in collaboration with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
Now accepting FHA financing. View income limits here
NeighborhoodLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $25,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties ($27,500 for veterans and service members, teachers, paraprofessionals, law enforcement officers, firefighters and emergency medical technicians)
- Click Here to find an approved Homebuyer Education Provider that will prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Borrowers’ annual income in combination with household size must be at or below the income limits set for the program in Los Angeles. Click here to view the qualifying income limits. View First Responder, Military & Teacher Benefit Information
- Properties qualified for the program must be:
- Located in Los Angeles Property Map & Lookup Instructions
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A single-family home (attached or detached), 2-4 unit home, condominium, townhome, PUD, co-op, land trust or qualified manufactured home
NOTE: No closings may take place before March 5, 2019.
Good News! Limited NeighborhoodLIFT down payment assistance funds may be available.
See our Frequently Asked Questions page
If you are interested in the NeighborhoodLIFT program, take the quiz below and find out if you are immediately eligible to start the application process.
- Do you have a signed purchase and sale agreement on a home located in Los Angeles County? Yes/No
- Do you have a mortgage preapproval from an approved NeighborhoodLIFT lender? Yes/No
If your answer is yes to both questions you may sign up for an Eligibility Determination Session here
If you have not completed the required steps for an appointment, NHS can help you work toward homeownership. Click here to get started.